Companies are chosen at the beginning of the game and each offers a special benefit. You cannot change the company in the course of the storyline.
- Pickett Railroads (Benjamin Pickett)
- +$10 000 at mission start
The increased initial funding is welcome and can be used for general expenses. It is, however, the least valuable in raw dollar terms.
- Cain Eastern Railway (Alfred Cain)
- +1 locomotive at mission start
A good initial bonus, allowing you to instantly start running connections. In raw dollar terms, it's the middle bonus, since even the cheapest locomotive costs a flat $14 000 dollars. Choosing this company will instantly free up funds for investments in the company office, however.
- Harrington's Railroad (Alvin Harrington)
- -10% railroad laying costs
The most beneficial long-term bonus that reduces all track laying by a flat amount. As soon as you lay $150 000 worth of tracks, it gives the most monetary value.